Translations by Google

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


EXIST
I was made inside of you
But you never knew I was there
You were completely unaware
That I might at some time … exist

I came from you and into a tube
You could not know my shape or form
They gave you the dollars, that’s the norm
You sold me even before I could exist

They quickly froze me in liquid gas
So I could live for eternity
But never to full maturity
Frozen in time I could only try to exist

It took some time to make a match
They never chose me, they chose you
From your profile printed in blue
As for me I did not exist

They did the same as you, they sold me again
Then someone took me out and made me warm
Put me somewhere so I could swarm
And maybe start to exist

This was strange, I could move at last
And I knew where to go
So I went with the flow
I wanted to exist

I’d never done this before - but
The journey was short and very quick
I went for the egg and entered it
We merged, I changed and started to exist

Now I am who I am
You sold me twenty years ago
I have changed a lot since you let me go
I now exist

For a long time now I have wanted to know
Who you are and where you go
Do you ever think I could be here
Would you ever want me near
But most of all, at the top of my list
I want to know if you exist

Maybe some day we will meet
In a café or on the corner of a street
You will know me for what I am
Maybe a woman, or a full grown man
I hope the tears cause our eyes to mist
For we will know we both exist

Tony 30/11/02

No comments: