Translations by Google

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Retribution cocktail

Retribution cocktail

I take my
retribution cocktail,
at six o-clock
every morning,
Esidrex,
Zyloric,
Glucophage,
and Omega 3 supplement.
A Doctors’ solution
for a body that’s seen
the world,
and over indulged
in what it has to offer.

Roasted joints of meat
eaten Henry VIII style,
torn apart by hand
with no side dishes.
Wine and beer
by the gallon
and cigarettes
by the carton,
have all been
contributors to my
downfall.

Now, there’s perverted pleasure
in maintaining
daily charts
that tell me
what my body is doing.
The ups and downs of
my existence plotted
on a computer screen
bears resemblance
to the turmoil
of my excesses.

T
2009/10/11

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a perverse pleasure in watching how your body pays you back for the abuse you subjected it to? apt title and apt poem.
biola