Translations by Google

Monday, October 12, 2009

My breakfast sandwich

My breakfast sandwich

Whole meal bread, lightly toasted,

a sliver of butter slowly melting

into crumbs of the future.

Green, crinkly lettuce a

foundation for a feast.

Beef pastrami with its shimmer

of pink and tinged transparent blue

surrounded by speckles of yellow,

red and green seasoning that

falls away into cling film as I lift it.

Sliced white onion, thin circles

of eye watering taste that grow

smaller and smaller towards the center.

Juicy red tomato, pulp and seed

exposed, dripping, mouth watering.

Each layered one upon the other

awaiting the peak of the sunny side up

egg whose golden yellow yolk will burst

and flood.

Crystalline white salt, a peck is just enough.

Finally, the Prince of Herbs, black pepper

ground from the mill to dust as garnish.

T

2008/6/23

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Big T,
Followed you here from MWC. I am glad I did. You sounded like an enthusiastic chef! I almost got hungry. I loved it
Biola

Big T said...

Thanks Biola, glad you made it across.
T

gerry boyd said...

bravo!

Anonymous said...

There is no soul on earth grander than a food-crazed hunger addict.

Al dente.

Solitaire